Hello fellow Kitfox enthusiasts. I am new to this site. I have been lurking for some time, trying to learn as much as I can about the Kitfox, because I am seriously considering building an SS7. One of the key selling points of this design for me is its folding wings, and the ability to put it in my garage, because hanger rental rates are high around these parts.
I have not decided for sure yet whether I would configure it as a TD or tri-gear, but I am currently leaning towards the tri-gear. I have a standard 7 foot high garage door. I assume that the tri-gear would not fit under my door opening in its normal "3-point stance", because it is advertised as being 8' in height. However, would it fit if the aircraft were tipped back on its tail first? I could not find any documentation on the height of the highest point on the aircraft when it is in this position. Could anyone answer this question for me?

You sound like a wonderful group of people, very courteous and knowledgeable, and you have definitely hooked me with your enthusiasm for this aircraft, and you have impressed me with your willingness and ability to help others. I am excited at the prospect of becoming a part of this "family".

Thanks,
Dave