Well, I thought I would show you all something other than clear blue cloudless days landing on beaches... Not that it's not fun, just good to go out and remind yourself that the Kitfox can take on other weather if your skills are up to it.

So I had a few min before work today, and stopped by the airport. As I rolled out on the runway, I noticed it was a tad breezy, my takeoff run was about 50ft and I was at 800ft above the airport office at mid field. Hum this is fun! As I headed out to see what I could see, I came upon a bald eagle that was ridge soaring below me, I pulled back the power and circled above him for a bit, watching how he twisted and turned in the wind. Reminded me of how the Kitfox wings flap a little in turbulence!

Well, as I'm flying along it's getting more and more bumpy (which I like) when finally I see this on my EFIS screen!

Wow, winds at 54 from the southwest. Time to head back to the airport before these blow down to the surface! 15 min later it was 30 mph at 200ft and about 12 on the surface. Yep, some strong systems are moving through the area today!