Hello,
My name is Tucker and I will be turning 15 in the beginning of April. Although I am new to this forum, aviation has always been in my blood. I have been flying model planes for almost four years now and it is one of my many passions. I started out with one RC plane and now I have over twenty. They range from a micro plane that I can fly in my house, to a quarter scale Extra 300 that is more aerobatic than the real thing. I fly my model planes almost every weekend and I enjoy every minute of it.
I guess I can say that I got my love of flight from my grandpa. He flew a Cub and a Stearman and also crewed on a B-17 when he was younger, but no longer flies. Over a year ago, he found a good deal on a Kitfox IV (not yet built) and bought it for me. Since then, we have not touched it.
About two months ago, I started ground school at a local airport. I enjoyed every minute of the class and learned a lot. I ended up getting the highest score on the practice test in my entire class. Now, I am starting flight lessons. I went for my first real lesson about two weeks ago in a Cessna 152. The instructor said that I seemed very comfortable in the plane and it will not take long for me to progress through the training. I plan on soloing right when I turn 16, so we are doing one lesson a month and then we will do many more in the month before I turn 16.
The reason why I am writing here is because I would really like to get more information on building my Kitfox. Would it be possible for me and my dad or grandpa to put this aircraft together? I'm not sure how big of a project this really is. I have experience in building the model planes, but I'm sure that wont fully apply to building something like this. Also, how much would we expect to spend on building this plane? I know that it will really depend on the engine and equipment choices but I am interested in knowing a relative price range.

Thanks a lot,
Tucker