Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Engine Mount Kitfox 5

Default Engine Mount Kitfox 5

So I am looking ahead to mounting my engine (Kitfox 5) and am sorting out what the previous three builders had put together in the way of engines, mounts, cowlings, etc. I have engine kit parts for a Rotax 912 (not using) and this mount. I will be putting an O-200 in it that came from the previous owner and I know that the mount does not match. The spacing is a rectangle (not the Continental trapezoid). The horizontal spacing of the attachment points is 8-1/8" horizontal and 10-9/16" vertical. Is anyone familiar with which one this is? I was hoping to try and find one second hand before I go to buy a new one and perhaps sell or trade this one once I figure out what it fits. Thanks in advance.

PXL_20240319_212952230.MP.jpg

Default Re: Engine Mount Kitfox 5

Looks like a 912 engine mount. The vertical flat piece on the port side of the mount is where the oil tank goes on the S7's. If I reall, the S5 rotax mount was a dynafocal.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN