Hi all, hoping some of you can share some guidance. I?m at the point where I?m ready to start building (bubble) doors on an S7 STi.

Is there a reason I can?t install the wings as soon as it?s convenient and then build the doors with the wings installed? Looks like I need to have the wings on to finish the hinge work anyway. I?m not sure when I?ll have enough help to install the wings, so this would give me some schedule flexibility if I can just install the wings anytime I can find help.

Also, how uniform did you get your door frame to door gap (radially) when massaging the door frame? Any gotchas here? The only one I can think of is making sure there is enough room (leave extra clearance) at the bottom/rear for the stainless steel door channels after covering. I?m going with the dual pin door latches if that matters.

is it helpful to have the doors built with a tiny bit of outward bulge at the place where the door latch pins engage so that when the door is pulled shut with some pressure and the door deflects, it will then be (dual) planar with the fuselage door frame? I might be overthinking that a bit but I?ve been around a lot of leaky doors in my day and would like to aim towards the best sealing doors possible.

Thanks in advance!