Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Confused by manual while installing console and detent brackets

Default Confused by manual while installing console and detent brackets

I'm currently going through the process of installing my console and the detent brackets. I was following the instructions in the fuselage section of the manual and was getting the detent brackets assembled before setting them on the console. I was working on the adjustable rudder pedal detent brackets and noticed that it seemed the brackets would need to be countersunk for the flush mount screws that are called out to be used. I saw no mention of this so I went to the options instructions and under the pre fab kit instructions there were some inconsistencies. In this section it states you will use bolt 91040.000 AN3-11A at both the front and rear of all 3 brackets which would mean not using the screws and also that you will need a washer under the head of all bolts which the fuselage section does not call for. The other thing that I found is that it states to use flat head 1/8 x 1/8 stainless steel rivets to mount detent brackets included in the prefab kit instead of the aluminum rivets from the hardware kit but I received no stainless rivets in my prefab kit and they are not in the inventory for the kit.

Default Re: Confused by manual while installing console and detent brackets

I ended up going back a page and found the diagram where it states to countersink the aft outboard hole for the screw instead of a bolt to provide room between bracket and console side. The only thing in this section that I'm still uncertain about is whether I'm just using the aluminum rivets to attach the brackets to the console or sourcing stainless steel rivets. In the diagram it shows to use H or J to attach and in the older online manual found on Kitfox it shows H being stainless steel rivets provided with premade bracket kit and J being aluminum rivets for builder made brackets. In my manual the diagram is the same but H is the bolts you use in the bracket that go through the bushing and J is the aluminum rivets. This is why I looked ahead to the optional parts instructions. I'm assuming these were never updated as they again call for stainless rivets to be used on console. I'm guessing they've switched to using aluminum for all installs but I may have to call to confirm.