Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Double Checking Before Drilling Control Column Bracket

Default Double Checking Before Drilling Control Column Bracket

So I’ve got the control column bracket assembled and I’m installing it but I have a question about position before I drill. I tend to look at something for a while before committing when locating something critical. I’ve positioned it in place on the center line on the bracket but I find that when it’s positioned in the place that measures out to be centered in the fuselage the holes are 1/16” towards the rear of the bracket. I measured from the horizontal support in the fuselage behind it and the distance to the column is equal on both ends. I also measured from the sides of the fuselage to the center of the pivot bolt for each control stick and they are equal as well. I’m just curious if any other builders have run into This?. I’ve attached photos and in the picture of the bottom of the bracket the top mark is the rear and is closer to the edge. Probably not a big deal but figured I’d check my work before drilling. Thanks IMG_2734.jpg IMG_2738.jpg

Default Re: Double Checking Before Drilling Control Column Bracket

I’m not an expert by any means, so….

If everything else lines up straight and the marked hole locations provide for acceptable edge distance, I’d say you are good to go. I’m not aware of a need for symmetry in hole locations on that bracket — I would actually think that control column “squareness” to the fuselage would trump any hole location finesse.

My last disclaimer— when in doubt, send an email to the factory.

Nice powder coat by the way… I think mine is the same color.

Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk