Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: WhirlWind Propellers acquired by Hartzell

Default WhirlWind Propellers acquired by Hartzell

Read an article on AvWeb this morning about WhirlWind props. The company has been acquired by Hartzell Propellers. Hartzell itself was recently acquired by Aircline Investment Management. According to the article, there were hefty price increases following the acquisition of Hartzell. Can Whirlwind be far behind?

Rick

Default Re: WhirlWind Propellers acquired by Hartzell

Quote Originally Posted by bumsteer View Post
    Read an article on AvWeb this morning about WhirlWind props. The company has been acquired by Hartzell Propellers. Hartzell itself was recently acquired by Aircline Investment Management. According to the article, there were hefty price increases following the acquisition of Hartzell. Can Whirlwind be far behind?

Rick
    I'm thinking that is exactly what will happen - as it usually does. Time, of course, will tell.

Default Re: WhirlWind Propellers acquired by Hartzell

I just went thru this with another Hartzell acquired company. The exhaust on my IO-240 was in need of some TLC after 20 years and 1000 hrs . so based upon the recommendation of another Kitfox guy with an IO-240 who had work done in 2020 on his exhaust by Aerospace welding in Minnesota, for a very reasonable fee, I shipped mine off to them for service, noting that its now called Hartzell aerospace welding. I about croaked when I got the estimate from them on the required repairs. I ended up biting the bullet and having them do the work , but it was a tough pill to swallow. You can be certain prop prices will be higher. Bruce N199CL