Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Swap Husky for Kitfox

Default Swap Husky for Kitfox

I've been lurking this site since 2016; always thought Kitfox was very interesting. Wife/I been flying fabric TWs and Cessnas since 1981 and are thinking maybe swap backcountry 56 182 and Husky for a Kitfox and trailer for touring. Gave up IFR and Cessna 210 four yrs ago.

Does anybody have a Super Sport within several hundred miles of Denver (fly 182) that we could pay for a ride and discuss? With two of us, we travel by driving camper and wife flies the plane and we're thinking maybe we'd like the folding wing/trailer. Also, we're headed to N AR FlyOz first two weeks of June if someone has a Super Sport in that area.

Appreciate any help. We're definitely not builders and our transition will probably take a year or two after we decide what works for us.

Lastly, are there any pro builders that are available to discuss; we may be better off ordering kit and having a pro build it so we could be somewhat involved. If I built it, I wouldn't fly it.

Thanks again

Jack
    Erie, CO KEIK

Default Re: Swap Husky for Kitfox

I'll be trailering a 7SS to KBJC next weekend. I'm buying the Kitfox in Astoria, OR and trailering it in a box trailer to Denver. It's new to me, but happy to show it to you. I've got a hangar at KBJC. Give me a call if you'd like to connect.

Paul
    512-237-0670

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrpilot View Post
    I'll be trailering a 7SS to KBJC next weekend. I'm buying the Kitfox in Astoria, OR and trailering it in a box trailer to Denver. It's new to me, but happy to show it to you. I've got a hangar at KBJC. Give me a call if you'd like to connect.

Paul
    512-237-0670

Paul, thank you very much for responding, I will definitely call you. I would also like to watch (I'll stay out of the way) when you first unload from trailer as well as watch you unfold wings.
    Thanks again
    Jack Horn 303-356-7767
    Erie Air Park- 15 minutes from KBJC driving

c

Hi Jack,
    I have a model 7 super sport at KEIK. It's a tricycle, so probably not to your liking and I'm not selling.. Just thought in case you wanted to see one from up close . I'm about an hour drive away so we would need to find a time that works for both of us. Perhaps after the snowstorm?
    Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Sink Rate View Post
    Hi Jack,
    I have a model 7 super sport at KEIK. It's a tricycle, so probably not to your liking and I'm not selling.. Just thought in case you wanted to see one from up close . I'm about an hour drive away so we would need to find a time that works for both of us. Perhaps after the snowstorm?
    Cheers,
    Tom

Hello Tom, I would love to see your Kitfox and talk with you. No hurry; but, maybe the next time you're going to fly or do maintenance, please let me know and I'll meet you anytime. I'm retired and other than leaving town Friday to go see my brother in PHX for a week, I'll be home. Maybe we can touch bases when I get back. That is, until late May then wife/I take Husky and 5th wheel camper for two weeks in northwest AR flying, ebiking and a little fishing (trying to learn to fish). Love that area.
    Thanks
    Jack Horn 303-356-7767 jackehorn@aol.com

Hi Jack,

Sorry I didn’t see your post until now. I have a 7SS that I completed a few years ago, hangared at KBJC. I’d be happy to show it to you and give you a ride if the weather is good. I’ll try to give you a call tomorrow, or you can send me a private message if you prefer.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Hi John, I’d love to connect. I’m leaving BJC tomorrow to drive to OR to bring back a 7SS. I’ve got a million questions.

Paul