Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plans for metal rotisserie needed

Default Re: Plans for metal rotisserie needed

I had a piece of plywood that I bolted on the firewall that was about 48" x 48". I cut a little off each corner which made it pretty each to rotate.

KF rotater.jpg
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I made one - welded. I made it so it’s adjustable, plus can be used as a wing or fuselage rotisserie. If that’s what you’re thinking, let me know. I have a couple more welds to do to finish it, but can do that in the next week or so if you’re interested, then take photos and provide measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see the photos of what you're working on. I've been mostly talked out of building something out of metal, but honestly, I love trying new things, learning and building. As mentioned earlier, I haven't done much metal work AND I need an excuse to buy a MIG welder .

Any details you can provide on metals, parts and measurements would be helpful too.

I really like the metal. I made the wing holders out of wood, and they’re much more cumbersome to work with than the wing rotisserie I built. I need to get it finished up then will post photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk