Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 lead times?

Default 2024 lead times?

Does anyone who has ordered recently have an Idea of what the current lead times are as of 2024? I plan on ordering some kind of kit in the next few months and I'm interested what people are seeing as far as lead times on the kits they've ordered somewhat recently. Part of my concern is based on the fact that the difference in the price when ordered and delivered is probably going to increase more the longer it takes for a kit to be delivered. I'm worried it may climb to a point where another kit would make more sense. They are definitely on the top of my list but waiting too long may be more than I can handle. I'm close to finishing my restoration of my classic Mopar and I'm gonna need a new project at some point.

Default Re: 2024 lead times?

I believe Kitfox would be happy to answer your questions on lead times and price lock on kit orders. It’s my understanding that prices on extras are subject to change due to the market. My lead time is over 2 years. I’ve had a few opportunities to get a kit sooner by purchasing someone else’s slot or buying a newly started kit in progress. If you want one quickly, I might suggest hanging out and watching the classifieds. I agree that prices across the industry are creating an obstacle for many of us. My last advice is to make certain that you know what you want. Happy shopping!

Thanks for your response. I'll definitely have to give them a call and see what they say. I was just curious what the experience has been for others already on the waiting list. I was expecting around 2 years with the popularity of their kits so I'm not too far off though I'm guessing it's grown a bit beyond that at this point. I was under the impression that the price of the kits and the extras were all subject to change at time of delivery and would be recalculated before it's shipped but again I'm sure they'll clear that up for me. I'm probably mixing several different companies policies together at this point since I've been shopping around so much.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the kit price and anything included in the first delivery will
    remain at the quoted price. That may not be true for components not made by Kitfox such as the engine,
    avionics etc.

The folks at Kitfox are very friendly and helpful and I'm sure they can clarify.

Victor
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

Thanks for your response. I'm going to be contacting them soon to get clarification and hopefully get the process started to ordering a kit.

I know someone with a brand new/untouched SS7 kit sitting in his garage. It's been inventoried but has had no work done. I believe he took delivery in Aug '22. Life and priorities have changed for him, so he's selling the kit. He purchased most of the common/popular options, and pricing is something you'd need to work out with him. I have no financial interest in the kit, or its sale, and I'm simply trying to help him out.

DM me if you (or anyone else that's interested) would like to connect with him.

I pvt messaged you.

Turns out my lead time ended up being very short. I was told about an un started kit and purchased it from the owner who was great guy. I’m typing this now in Subway with still a 18.5 hour drive to get back to NY. Thanks Steve for the tip and Tom of course for selling me your project.

I also thank Steve for his referral and you for a smooth deal. I hope you have fun building your plane, and fun flying it when when you're done. Safe travels the rest of your way home.

Quote Originally Posted by sarazintom View Post
    I also thank Steve for his referral and you for a smooth deal. I hope you have fun building your plane, and fun flying it when you're done. Safe travels the rest of your way home.
    - I'm glad you two were able to connect and make a deal.