Planning 2024… is High Sierra Fly In Dead Cow canceled this year…

Planning 2024, and I have heard that High Sierra Dead Cow may be a No Go this year. The web site has not been updated and chatter on some social channels says that Kevin is thinking about taking a year off. Some replies have even said it may become a private invite only event moving forward.

I understand the endless hours of planning that go into an event like this and all the drama surrounding it, but I really hope High Sierra it is not over and remains open to the public, even those in RV’s without planes.

If the Sun has set on Dead Cow thank you for sharing the opportunity to be part of an amazing thing. For a pilot, there is absolutely nothing else anywhere that even comes close to the experiences and memories of High Sierra Dead Cow.

The rows of planes, the wind, the dust, the ice cream truck, the noises, the full throttle sunrise wake up flyovers, the sunset bike rides without lanes, and the few days each year inside a mostly unstructured society has touched us in a very positive way.

In addition to all the winners on the playa podium, Kevin made me a winner with my son - his dream of being a pilot started on our first trip to Dead Cow.

We are keeping mid October open just in case.