Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912UL Ignition - 4 Pin to 6 Pin

Default 912UL Ignition - 4 Pin to 6 Pin

I've been chasing an intermittent ignition issue down for days and finally decided to replaced stator, trigger coils, and CDI Ignition boxes - they are all quite old, worn with lots of frayed and cracked wires. Even the Ohm readings are intermittent, though usually grounded out. In process of the replacements, I would like to convert the 4Pin connectors to a six Pin configuration. Can someone point me to a source and enlighten what else I might need to do.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

David Walker

Default Re: 912UL Ignition - 4 Pin to 6 Pin

Download the Heavy Maintenance Manual (https://www.rotax-owner.com/pdf/MMH_912_914_Ed2.pdf) for the wiring diagrams.

I converted my mid 90s vintage 912UL (with Zipper Big Bore) to the new style 6x6 ignition boxes with the soft start feature. I needed to replace the original boxes and they had a lead time in the range of years...

Read through this thread for what I did including a parts list. https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...light=ignition
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks for that information, I've studied the HMM and ordered most of those parts already. I am a bit confused about these two items 12 - 265-210 Connector Pins and
    12 - 265-275 Connector Sockets. The lead wires from the stator have connector pins already as do the trigger coils. Do I cut those off in favor of the ones you have specified, or are they the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by drwalker57 View Post
    Thanks for that information, I've studied the HMM and ordered most of those parts already. I am a bit confused about these two items 12 - 265-210 Connector Pins and
    12 - 265-275 Connector Sockets. The lead wires from the stator have connector pins already as do the trigger coils. Do I cut those off in favor of the ones you have specified, or are they the same thing?

I relocated the ignition boxes onto the engine mount therefore needed to extend the wires. That and the fact that I was converting from a 4 pin system meant I rewired the entire system.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos