Quote Originally Posted by buckchop View Post
Really bad idea to not do the rib stitching, BAD!! U wont find out that its coming loose from the rib till ur flyin one day down the road, a month, a year, or years, or u sell it and it happens to someone eles. You make some crazy move and POOF ur wing fabric or a tail control fabric just turned into a ballon and u loose control. Zoom zoom zoom,,, CRASH!!
Do what u think is best its ur baby but id NEVER NOT SEW any kind of control surface or the wing. And i will tell u right now, dont listen to Larz if he tells you to not sew, ive seem his fabric work for his customers at Birchwood and i wouldnt fly a plane that he has done himself and he owns the company. Im not sayin im any kind of pro and yes he knows the fabric but...........................
Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox Pilot View Post
So you have seen first hand oratex let good? I would like to see this and what part let go. Please give us this information.
Guess I'll join in with Harlan here and ask if you've actually seen Oratex fail or this is just an opinion. If it's an opinion, based on what? Way back in the day, when all aircraft wings were fabric and someone dared to start making some out of metall, there were those that were sure it would never work. Also Lars doesn't "own the company" as you you state. He is just a distributor for the US as Oratex is actually manufactured by Lanitz Aviation over in Germany.