Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Verner Scarlett 5V

Default Verner Scarlett 5V

I'm rebuilding a Kitfox 2 that had a Rotax 532 engine. I want to replace the engine with a 4 stroke engine. Has anyone used a Verner 5V?

Default Re: Verner Scarlett 5V

There's one guy on this forum who's installing a Verner 7U on a Series 5. It hasn't run yet but I'm sure he could answer questions about the US distributor and quality of the goods he received. The engine installation part of his build starts about here. I think he knows of at least one other Verner installation on a Kitfox, so perhaps he can put you in touch with that guy too.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I saw this thread yesterday but I was traveling and couldn't dig into my picture stash.
    123227058_1168796900242506_3296254835219688572_o.jpg
    There has been an early Kitfox with a Verner 5 cylinder. I'm no good at identifying a 1-3 series Kitfox, nor do I know any back story on this specific plane but it looks like a great install - my unbiased opinion, of course.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Quote Originally Posted by Driftre View Post
    I'm rebuilding a Kitfox 2 that had a Rotax 532 engine. I want to replace the engine with a 4 stroke engine. Has anyone used a Verner 5V?
    Hi there, Sorry for such a delay on your post as i just saw this. Don't really know if I could be much help with what your doing and because of my stage of my build. Like Alex, I as well am doing a Verner7u install onto a kitfox model IV but nothing really to show at this point as I'm still waiting for my engine mount to be constructed from my dealer. Major delay! Always here for any discussions.
    Robin