Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Build Logs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Build Logs

Thanks Phil for clearing that up.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

As an aside but related to this question - and it may just be me BUT . . . . there is a value to lots of build pictures. Not for the DAR necessarily but for little ol me. I am surprised at how often I return to the photos to find out how I did something or how questions related to items hidden from sight (without removing panels) are answered by the photos.

You make a good point, I plan on taking plenty of pictures for just that reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    As an aside but related to this question - and it may just be me BUT . . . . there is a value to lots of build pictures. Not for the DAR necessarily but for little ol me. I am surprised at how often I return to the photos to find out how I did something or how questions related to items hidden from sight (without removing panels) are answered by the photos.
    DW,

Very good point about a build photo collection helping with later maintenance. Guess I wasn't thinking about that at the time of the build; however, I had the same revelation you did when wrenching later.

In a similar vein, I recall my DAR, after issuing the AW certificate, suggested that it is a good idea, although not required, to assemble an equipment list composed of all of the manufacturer's and vendors documentation for parts, appliances, radios, lights, etc, for anything not included in the kit build manual. Ended up with a 3 ring binder about 1 1/2" thick that actually ended up being a great time saver when needing to find replacement parts or specific instructions for use/setup ets.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN