Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Around the USA in 17 days

Default Re: Around the USA in 17 days

Wow, what a great trip. This sounds like a great “bucket list” item. I think I met you at Perkins Field, NV (U08) about a month ago during a refueling stop.
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox Guy View Post
    Wow, what a great trip. This sounds like a great “bucket list” item. I think I met you at Perkins Field, NV (U08) about a month ago during a refueling stop.
    Hi! Yes you did! That was right before I started the trip. By the way, you live in a magical part of the country. "Valley of Fire" does not make it onto any tourist Top-100 lists but in my opinion, its way more spectacular than the Grand Canyon ... and you dont need to stay in a shoulder width corridor at 11,500'

Thanks for posting. I have been thinking of doing this ever since John M. flew to the Bahamas. I think the FL Keys will do for me though. I definitely want to land at KittyHawk Natl. Monument too.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

What a great Kitfox trip - I am equally envious and admiring. I would like to read more about this journey if you decide to put something together. I'm a big fan of long trips in the Kitfox and about to embark on another summer of trans-European flying so thanks for the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by 3kdscf View Post
    Hi! Yes you did! That was right before I started the trip. By the way, you live in a magical part of the country. "Valley of Fire" does not make it onto any tourist Top-100 lists but in my opinion, its way more spectacular than the Grand Canyon ... and you dont need to stay in a shoulder width corridor at 11,500'
    Yes the Valley of Fire is a hidden gem that most miss as they tend to fixate on the nearby Grand Canyon. Whenever I have an out of town guest, who is comfortable in a small aircraft, I take them on a sunrise or sunset flight through the Valley of Fire. Everyone has been amazed.
    Michael Meyers
    KF IV
    Las Vegas, NV

Enjoyed your write up and pics. Sounds like you have the makings for a more detailed, in-depth book. Your adventure has got me thinking...

All the best!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Great trip you took. You almost came over my house in Illinois. If you ever pass again let me know and I'll fix you up with a good night's stay.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop.
    https://www.youtube.com/@KitfoxPilot/videos