Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: AEROLEDS landing light installation

Question AEROLEDS landing light installation

Hi. Hs anyone any good installation instructions for the 6 Led AEROLEDS landing light in a Kitfox 7 SS wing. I am having trouble figuring out how to use the Kitfox delivered housing and how to fit it in the wing. Any help and or pictures might help

Default Re: AEROLEDS landing light installation

Look at my builders log (Geeks STi Build) around post 40 or so. Just note that it's an STi wing tip and I added a metal backing for the light to mount into but it does show cutting the housing and fitting it. You need to tell us what version of Kitfox you have so that we can give you better answers.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Im guessing that by Kitfox 7SS you mean its a standard wing and your fitting a Sunbeam AeroLED. Looking at Geeks pics, I wonder if you will even fit this into the standard wing. I have the Microsuns and fitting those into the standard wing leaves very little wiggle room. What Geek has seems to be specifically sized for the STi wing so I would seriously doubt I could use what he has without recessing my mount much further back to accomodate the height of the Sunbeam. Good luck, this is where "experimental" comes into play.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

You are correct Eddie -- those are the STi wing tips and they won't work on the SS wing. Also think you are right about his wing. I assumed (a bad thing) that he was talking STi because of the 6 LED lights. I was/am under the thought that they are a bit large for the SS wing tips hence using the Mircosuns.

Sorry for the confusion.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    Look at my builders log (Geeks STi Build) around post 40 or so. Just note that it's an STi wing tip and I added a metal backing for the light to mount into but it does show cutting the housing and fitting it. You need to tell us what version of Kitfox you have so that we can give you better answers.

Gary
    Thanks a lot. I was going to do something similar. Already cut out the bracket. It is a Kitfox 7 STI.
    Alain