Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuel line routing

Default Fuel line routing

Hi all, a friend of mine picked up a Kitfox 4 recently needing a bunch of work. I ended up doing the work on it and have a question about fuel line routing from the wing tank to the header tank. No problem with the old style tank that has the outlet at the back of the tank, but the right side tank had been replaced with a new tank, and the outlet is about 6 or 7" forward of the back of the tank. To fold that wing, you need a big loop in the fuel line unless you could put an elbow on the tank fitting and run back along side the tank to the back, and then another elbow there. What have you all done, and why would Kitfox put the outlet so far forward? Here is the plane going to the airport last Saturday and tightly tucked in along side the Aeronca Chief. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Fuel line routing

and why would Kitfox put the outlet so far forward?
    There were some instances when the wing tank outlets un-ported during a long nose down decent. Moving the outlets further forward was the solution.

Someone with a later model kitfox will probably chime in with the answer to the fuel line routing question.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I followed the Kitfox manual and routed the fuel line inside #1 rib from a 90 at the Tank (actually it was a Banjo fitting but same idea) and made a relief cut at the rear of the #1 rib. The hose then passes through a slot at the rear of the butt rib and down to the header. This gives the hose a gentle curve. Not sure if adding another 90 is a great idea.....

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 8.52.51 AM.jpg

Thanks guys. The problem I have was putting an elbow in now that the wing was all covered. I didn't think about a banjo fitting. That wouldn't take up much room for a 90 degree turn. Where did you find one that would screw into the fitting (finger strainer) on the side of the tank? JImChuk

Kitfox sells them, of course.
    Here is a thread with a picture of the kit they sell. https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...-banjo-fitting
    🇨🇦CANADA
    Flying | SS7 | G3X | Edge 912