Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Covering Bottom Leading Edge

Default Covering Bottom Leading Edge

I am prepping the wings of my 7SS for covering and wonder how to deal with the lower leading edge where the spar reinforcement brackets are located, I have some ideas, first is to just to finish the transition to the end rib with filler and cover the reinforcement bracket with anti chafe tape, second bond some of the scrap LLE over the reinforcement bracket and finish the edges with filler, third cover the reinforcement bracket with filler and sand to a acceptable profile. Does anyone have any photos of this area prior to covering or any advice, thanks in advance.

IMG_0041 2.jpg

Default Re: Covering Bottom Leading Edge

Paul, next time I get to the hangar, I'll take some photos of this area. Hopefully someone may post some photos or description sooner to keep you moving forward.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Well this is the best picture that I can find but I used hysol and then micro to smooth over that area. It looks great after covering and paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Thank you both for your replies, Ben I like the way you positioned the dowels with screws.

Regards