Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Precision tuning the Rotax 912 UL/ULS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Precision tuning the Rotax 912 UL/ULS

I have. I ordered the blue floats that are supposedly better than the stock floats as they are often mentioned to not deteriorate and absorb fuel over time. I did also end up having to set the fuel height in the bowl numerous times and current measurements have the float armature measuring 13.5mm from the carb edge as opposed to the 10.5mm constantly mentioned.

I've been having a lot of trouble with my carbs, flooding out while sitting without the engine running, running rough at cruise. I ordered the blue ones also, will be here Monday.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

What do you have the float armature set to? Try 13.5 mm and make sure to do a full throttle grind run up before taking off. Run up for well past a climb out duration to make sure the carbs are refilling quickly enough after the adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by AvDES LLC View Post
    What do you have the float armature set to? Try 13.5 mm and make sure to do a full throttle grind run up before taking off. Run up for well past a climb out duration to make sure the carbs are refilling quickly enough after the adjustments
    right now at stock. I've had so much trouble with these floats the last few months, now they are getting real bad, grounded until the floats come in. This thing will sit there not running and start leaking out the right carb, turn on the facet pump and starts pouring out. If I let it set a day with the fuel off and pull the bowl it will be about out of fuel in the bowl. I think it's soaking up into the floats. The other day I took the floats out of the left carb and put them in the right, took a set of floats that I had from years ago and put them in the left. I turned the fuel on and the facet pump, made sure the fuel was up all the way in the bowls. let it set for a couple days and check that right carb, fuel still at the proper level. stinkin' floats bad for sure there. now to set and wait for the blue ones. yes I'll set it to the 13.5mm thanks.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop