Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox deposit

Default Kitfox deposit

I put in an order for an S7 kit a year ago and have about a year left before the estimated delivery.. Like many others my circumstances have changed and I am wondering what options I may have to recover the 5k deposit... thank you in advance for any info!

Default Re: Kitfox deposit

I don't know what the Kitfox policy is, but you have no problem man. I'll bet there are dozens of people out there that would gladly pay you your deposit, or more, for the privilege of taking your place in the order que.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Call Debra at Kitfox Aircraft. She will work you through your options.

Ralph

For anyone curious, Kitfox is completely and 100% unwilling to refund your deposit. I placed a $5,000 deposit on a STi7 and was given a 2 year expected delivery. After 6 weeks of my deposit I asked for a refund. They would not do anything more than 1. Only one time move me to the end of the production line after resigning a new purchase order with current pricing, 2. Cancel and have a $5,000 credit up to a year for another purchase (this is less of an opportunity than option 1), 3. Buy my kit then sell it myself, or 4. Go through an ominous process of selling it and getting my deposit from the purchaser then having them put down more money to Kitfox and sign a new purchase order with current pricing. My original reason for backing out was my grandmother had a stroke and came to live with us. She has since passed. Then the quarter my kit came due my dad died. They stuck to their positions regardless. They are now forfeiting my deposit and closing the account. I do not feel it reasonable for a company that the product has a two year expected delivery date to keep a $5,000 deposit that a refund is requested after only 6 weeks. Not enough money to sue over unless enough people in a similar situation made a class action suit. Buyer beware the kind of company you’re dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    For anyone curious, Kitfox is completely and 100% unwilling to refund your deposit. I placed a $5,000 deposit on a STi7 and was given a 2 year expected delivery. After 6 weeks of my deposit I asked for a refund. They would not do anything more than 1. Only one time move me to the end of the production line after resigning a new purchase order with current pricing, 2. Cancel and have a $5,000 credit up to a year for another purchase (this is less of an opportunity than option 1), 3. Buy my kit then sell it myself, or 4. Go through an ominous process of selling it and getting my deposit from the purchaser then having them put down more money to Kitfox and sign a new purchase order with current pricing. My original reason for backing out was my grandmother had a stroke and came to live with us. She has since passed. Then the quarter my kit came due my dad died. They stuck to their positions regardless. They are now forfeiting my deposit and closing the account. I do not feel it reasonable for a company that the product has a two year expected delivery date to keep a $5,000 deposit that a refund is requested after only 6 weeks. Not enough money to sue over unless enough people in a similar situation made a class action suit. Buyer beware the kind of company you’re dealing with.
    Chip,
    That's pretty clever to state "buyer beware the kind of company you're dealing with". Do you mean the kind of company that clearly states on the front of the order form (which has your signature next to it) that deposits are non-refundable after 5 days? Companies that have one of the lowest deposits in the industry? A company that is prepared to live up to our end of the deal to deliver a kit to you on time? A company who offered you multiple options to help you out, none of which you were willing to put in any effort? Sounds like you simply wanted to hit the "easy button" and get a buyer's remorse refund. Do you even realize the credit card fees alone related to your deposit? The cost of procuring materials... Etc? C'mon.... You've got to see that you have the bulk of the responsibility here... And you're trying to throw us under the bus for abiding by written policy that was disclosed to you up front? That's not right.

Often the "beware" caution comes on our end as we deal with people in the marketplace who don't follow through and only want the easy out from their commitments.

Next, you've been dealing with Heather, who is one of the kindest people on staff and works very hard to make things work for our customer base. I've been witness to her efforts to work with you, and her emails that have often gone unanswered from you have been a great cost to her time. She's been the one reaching out to you. You're failing to mention that she moved you a full quarter back in position without question, due to your family situation. You were even offered early production.

Since you brought up "suing"....I imagine you're so quick to back away from that vehicle as you know you have no footing to stand on in front of a judge. We have nothing in writing requesting a refund at the 5 week or 6 week timeframe. ( You've given both time frames in different forums). What we do have in writing is your signed purchase agreement.

This public outcry for attention seems to be one last ditch effort to slander Kitfox without giving all of the pertinent details. We hate having to come in behind a post like yours, but since you made it public.... So will we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VertolDriver View Post
    I put in an order for an S7 kit a year ago and have about a year left before the estimated delivery.. Like many others my circumstances have changed and I am wondering what options I may have to recover the 5k deposit... thank you in advance for any info!
    I suggest you get a hold of Heather sooner than later so you know what your options are.
    Heather@kitfoxaircraft.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon we got your back as we all know how great Heather is and how you two help make Kitfox a great company!

Chip, this is pretty standard in the aircraft industry. When is your projected delivery date? I may have someone interested?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    Brandon we got your back as we all know how great Heather is and how you two help make Kitfox a great company!
    I'm with Dustin here. Both Brandon and Heather have been nothing more than willing to bend over backwards to help us with a whole range of issues that we encounter. Putting the "Buyer beware" comment here when the company was more than clear of their refund policy. With all those who want a kit that we see most every day on multiple forums, selling the slot should be relatively easy way to correct the OP's mistake.

Gary
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Agreed. I don't think people understand how deposits work in terms of business cash flow, and what the ramifications would be for a manufacturer if suddenly everyone demanded refunds. It's not feasible.

The terms and conditions of the sale are clear. If you don't like them, don't sign the contract.
    Jason B.
    Phase 1 - S7 STi
    Dynon | 915is

I think all of us here on Team Kitfox have nothing but good to say about the team at the Kitfox factory. I have been dealing with John, Deb, Brandon, Heather, etc. for over 10 years now. They run a first-rate business, often going beyond your expectations.

Every company needs to be run as a business with written contracts and financial obligations with their customers. Running the business end is no easy task. Just look at what happened to Vans Aircraft recently, it almost took them under permanently. None of us want to see that happen with Kitfox.

I take my hat off to John and the team for steering the ship well through the recent challenging years of COVID, inflation, the Trent Palmer effect, etc.

Also, thank you Brandon and John for coming to our EAA Chapter 103 meeting recently. They brought their planes and gave a great presentation!
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016