Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Final Paint coat of Poly Spray silver

Default Final Paint coat of Poly Spray silver

I have a buddy getting ready for paint on his carbon cub, and for weight reduction he wants to take it thru polyspray silver and call it done. I told him I'd check in with those of you who have done this on your Kitfox and I'd like to see how this setup has held up for you over the years . I have several coats of polytone on my Series 5 and its held up very well for 20 years so far, just want to see if stopping at the polyspray coat will give similar results. Thanks guys, Bruce N199CL

Default Re: Final Paint coat of Poly Spray silver

The poly spray (silver) is the UV protection. As far as I know if it passes a light bulb test from the inside of the fabric it should be good to go. I don’t remember how many watts the bulb needs to be but it’s in the poly fiber manual I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

I had a Kitfox 1 that was thirty years old with just poly spray for the final gray color. I did the same when I painted my Kitfox 4. Will do it again. I believe that poly fiber manual gives it's approval also. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Ben and Jim for the quick replies, Yes Ben the polyfiber manual says use a 60 watt bulb in a cage cause if you break it while inside the fabric checking your UV protection, the fumes will probably blow up your almost done airplane! And Jim, now 30 years is a reassuring number caus neither one of us will be here that long, so covering will be up to the next guy. I'll pass the info on to my buddy, Thanks Bruce N199CL