Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: demo flight in the Bay Area?

Default demo flight in the Bay Area?

Hi everyone, new member here! I am considering making a Kitfox my first airplane after 2 decades of renting. I had an acquaintance growing up in Michigan with a Kitfox IV, but never got a chance to go flying in it so most of my impressions of the Kitfox are based on hearsay. Is there anyone in the bay area who might be willing to show off their plane and give me a chance to see how it handles? I'm near Berkeley but can easily get to any of the satellite fields. KDWA is probably the farthest I'd go though...

Jury is still out on kit vs factory for me, mostly depends on how easy it is to find a hangar relatively quickly. Would love to learn more about your experiences building or buying, and why you made your decision.

~600 hrs TT, CPASEL/IA, CFI, tailwheel endorsed.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: demo flight in the Bay Area?

PM me with your phone number - I'm part of the KF gang at KCCR and can fill you in this evening.

Rich Cunningham
    President, Mount Diablo Pilots Association
    KCCR (Concord, CA) and C83 (Byron, CA)
    Rich Cunningham
    N4449 - Model IV Speedster
    912 UL Zippered up to 100 hp