Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oratex Drain Vent Holes

Default Re: Oratex Drain Vent Holes

I have an IO-240 and did the same as Bruce, here is a picture. I made the mount and used stainless steel adel clamps. It is a tight fit, but I can get it out.

ELT bracket installed 2.JPG

Battery tray & ELT 2.JPG
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Default Re: Oratex Drain Vent Holes

took a bunch of pictures that show where i put inspection and access panels on my Series 5. You will note that you can get creative with access to critical areas without using a full round inspection panel. In the last 19 years i have made many mods to my plane long after covering was final and found i needed access to areas that weren't required when I first finished my Outback (in reality you're never finished but that's the fun of growing your own). These areas included rudder trim, the ability to remove the bolt and nut at the elevator trim motor base (mine lasted 16 years before replacement) the 2 small black caps on each side of the empennage allow this , added a battery tender power port on aft right side (bat in tail for CG) tailwheel leaf spring bolt access (had to change a few of those over the years). For annual maintenance, I always boroscope in the standard access panels under the wings for jury and lift strut attach points and have to grease the elevator torque tube bushing through those two side by side panels on the fuse bottom. sorry for the long winded post but I thought this might stimulate some thoughts on access to areas you think you don't need but will need if you keep your plane long enough. My cover system is polyfiber and adding a "after the fact" panel is not a big deal later if none was placed there during initial cover . Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by airlina; 04-02-2022 at 05:10 PM.