Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need a CFI with Model IV Speedster Tailwheel in Phoenix area

Default Need a CFI with Model IV Speedster Tailwheel in Phoenix area

New Kitfox owner here. Although I'm a few months away from completion I will need a Flight Review and 8-10 hours in the same make and model per the insurance underwriters. The leads I had on local instructors with Model IVs haven't panned out so I'm hoping someone on the forum can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

John

Default Re: Need a CFI with Model IV Speedster Tailwheel in Phoenix area

I self insured for the first 5-10 or 20 hrs...until I learned the airport I keep my plane at required insurance. Then got a policy with Avemco and now some other company I forget now without any issue. They never asked for proof which surprised me but hey its their circus.

Be careful with Avemco. I recently inquired on a quote for another type of experimental and was told they will do coverage except for 'In Flight'. So once you have departed terra firma, you're on your own. They said this was only for experimental aircraft. I had my 172 insured with them for years and they were great. Just might want to look elsewhere for coverage on your experimental.

Quote Originally Posted by m1bondo View Post
    New Kitfox owner here. Although I'm a few months away from completion I will need a Flight Review and 8-10 hours in the same make and model per the insurance underwriters. The leads I had on local instructors with Model IVs haven't panned out so I'm hoping someone on the forum can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

John
    There is an instructor that has a IV-TD based in Chandler. I'm sorry, I don't remember his name but he should be easy to find. He's been there for years.
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ