Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need some tool help - 912 ul

Default Need some tool help - 912 ul

Good morning ladies and gents! Long story short the engine came off of the nose of the plane yesterday and I need to pull the flywheel and replace the rear seal on the prop gear box. Anyone happen to have the flywheel puller and seal press that they’d be willing to rent out? LEAF shows the pullers as back ordered and I cannot justify 1k for a seal press.

thank you all and happy start to 2022!!!! Ugh.

1F3313FF-9ACE-4D9E-9C66-6EF14525F9E9.jpg9926D001-20F1-43EC-916F-C07C23B836BB.jpg

Default Re: Need some tool help - 912 ul

Well to update - huge THANK YOU to Hal Stockman for the tools and hours long conversation.

Engine is back on the plane and running. both electrical circuits in the stator (Charging and both independent ignitions) are tested and functioning. Plane starts and these new ignition modules are AMAZING - soft start a real plus.

fighting intermittent oil pressure reading fluctuations on the Engibox this weekend (wiring issue 100%), then we go for a flight.

Hal Stockman is one of the nicest, most generous people in the world. Literally.

He is an awesome resource for the 912 engine community.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

You ain't lying Larry. I met him once at Oshkosh 2019. I ran to ask him about something while at Copperstate this past February and he treated me like an old friend and gave me great advice. He is an amazing individual.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Glad to hear you're back in the air Nick. Soft start feature is nice.
    Hal is a great resource as Larry and Eddie expressed. 22 years I've know Hal. He's still the same nice guy he's always been. I don't think he even ages, as far as I can tell anyway. Missed seeing him and you Eddie at CopperState this year. Maybe next year.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Glad to hear you're back in the air Nick. Soft start feature is nice.
    Hal is a great resource as Larry and Eddie expressed. 22 years I've know Hal. He's still the same nice guy he's always been. I don't think he even ages, as far as I can tell anyway. Missed seeing him and you Eddie at CopperState this year. Maybe next year.
    not quite back in the air yet. Taking the Cessna up this AM just to get some air under me again. Hopefully Bane is back in the air today. Need another set of eyes to go over the plane before I close it up.