Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fabric attach angle

Default Fabric attach angle

Hello. First post.

I'm working on the door trim and am confused about the fabric attach angle and its placement. I found a previous thread that lead to John McBean's photos and that was very helpful. The fabric attach still has me lost it suggests that it "should be offset slightly to compensate for the for the thickness of the cowl material" (boot cowl, I assume. I don't yet have the FWF kit) and that it should be installed after the door trim is in and cured. It appears in the drawings and photos that it blends into the fuselage tubing. With the bottom door trim proud of the fuselage, that doesn't seem possible without crimping and bending it back to the fuse. Not seeing any mention of that, I assume it's not that complicated. I also don't get why it would have to be installed after the rest is cured. That makes me think that I'm missing something. Can anyone provide a pic that clears that up for me?

Below is one of the JMcB photos that gets me close, my door trim (bad angle) and the manual drawing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    KF7 STi (in progress)
    Cascade, ID (U70)

Default Re: Fabric attach angle

I ran into the same confusion as you. I can’t find the post that I made with an explanation from Brandon at the factory but if you search for my build here on the forum “Louisiana super sport build” I do have pictures on post #27. I basically used a paint mixing stick to simulate the boot cowl thickness and fit the angle according to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Salt Fox on YouTube has Brandon in a video on this. Watch it and it should clarify it for you.
    Last edited by SomeDay7; 03-03-2022 at 09:57 PM.
    Starfox

Thanks, Ben. Your build photos answered a lot of questions I didn't know I had. I'll be referring to that regularly.

SomeDay7, that is gold. If it isn't already a sticky, it should be.

For future searchers.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysEdRO3-Y5o
    KF7 STi (in progress)
    Cascade, ID (U70)