Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Jury Strut Mount Problem

Default Jury Strut Mount Problem

Hi all,

Time to consult the collective brainpower of the group (mostly because I'm lacking in this department!) Started covering the wings and need to face a problem that I knew was coming. One of the jury strut mounts is partially obscured by the poly fiber and will make installing the mounting bolt impossible.

IMG_1905.jpg

Has anyone faced this same issue and how did you address it? All advice is greatly appreciated!

Take Care,

Todd
    Todd Downing
    SS7 458LK
    Building
    G3X
    915is, Airmaster prop

Default Re: Jury Strut Mount Problem

Well I'm going to face it if that helps. I can't tell for certain but is your picture of the rear jury strut attach point?

In my case the rear ones will poke through the fabric far enough but the forward ones will have the bolt hole pretty much exactly at the lower surface of the airfoil. I've decided I can cut a hole just large enough to get the bolt, washers and nut in there and then create a thin aluminum cover which I'll be able to attach to the lip of the Laker Leading Edge and work out okay.
    Kitfox 5 (under construction)
    Commercial SE/ME, CFII

Default Re: Jury Strut Mount Problem

Sorry you are facing the same problem, but misery loves company. I was thinking of doing something similar but wanted to hear ideas of others. I should have said it but the picture is my from strut attachment point.

Thanks for your input!
    Todd Downing
    SS7 458LK
    Building
    G3X
    915is, Airmaster prop