Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: SS baggage area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SS baggage area

Having never seen an SS, is there any way of getting 2 sets of golf clubs in the baggage area?

Didn't I see a Fox with a baggage tube slung under the fuse somewhere?

Default Re: SS baggage area

what about weight and balance?
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Looking at the capability of 150 pounds nthe baggage are should make the W&B an non-issue, that's why I was asking. I was wondering if there was the physical room to do that or not.

In my Series 5 there is not enough length to the standard baggage compartment to hold golf clubs. If you are planning on building your airplane, a modification could probably be made to extend an area of the compartment to hold your sticks. A few years ago at OSH , I saw a modified bag compartment that even had access from the side of the fuselage.I am not sure if the baggage pod Kitfox offers is large enough for clubs. I would contact John Mcbean for more info.

The standard baggage bag isn't big enough for 2 sets of clubs, but there are tabs on the fuselage to put in extended baggage space as you build. We are doing just that on our build, and plan on putting a couple zippers in the bag we bought from John so we can access that space. Mark actually went to the trouble of putting in a door in the fuselage to make the space easier to get to. CG would of course be an issue and something you'd have to look at when deciding what you would want to put farther aft when flying.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/N517WD...d=132606786269
    Last edited by Wiley; 02-06-2010 at 09:11 AM.

The biggest thing here is the 150lbs of cargo in the back. If I were to start over I would want of these airplanes. But, I'm stuck with my little 4 , sorry won't trade that one. You people out there sure have some advantages on the new kitfox's.