Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Swap and Cowling Differences

Default Re: Engine Swap and Cowling Differences

Have you reweighed the aircraft to get a new weight & balance? If not, you are probably very tail heavy. Once you have the new empty weight and EWCG calculate the W&B with you, fuel and cargo and see where the CG is. Don't fly it if the CG is out the aft limit.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PapuaPilot View Post
    Have you reweighed the aircraft to get a new weight & balance? If not, you are probably very tail heavy. Once you have the new empty weight and EWCG calculate the W&B with you, fuel and cargo and see where the CG is. Don't fly it if the CG is out the aft limit.
    Thanks.......I haven't done anything as the plane is not mine. I will check if the battery was relocated from the back to the front ( I'm guessing (hoping) it is now in the front with the Rotax )

relocating a battery is not that hard , but changing the swept is another thing...hence my question

Quote Originally Posted by GBGE View Post
    Thanks.......I haven't done anything as the plane is not mine. I will check if the battery was relocated from the back to the front ( I'm guessing (hoping) it is now in the front with the Rotax )

relocating a battery is not that hard , but changing the swept is another thing...hence my question
    I have a five vixen, 912 and swept forward wings. The CG is not ideal but OK. The plane was registered with 1350 max in 99 as I think the builder thought that would be the LSA limit. With the swept forward wings I really cannot use the baggage area and with the 1350 gross that is about my limit as well.