Monday showed up in typical Arizona attire. No winds, mostly sunny skies and 65 degrees. Phil Laker (desertfox1) and I joined up at Thunder Ridge Airpark then headed West another 70 miles or so to Indian Hills Airpark to visit my brother Tom. He and my sister-in-law Monica had escaped Minnesota's winter grip and were spending a couple days with Tim and Barb Steiers who also made the great escape from the same frozen region. Tim owns a very nice hangar/home on the Indian Hills Airpark runway. The flight over was perfect. No bumps or wind and gorgeous blue skies with a hint of high cirrus clouds. Hugging the mountain bases delivered no punishment. The same flight would have induced much punishment at 110 degrees in July.
IMG_5841.jpg

It was only a matter of 10 minutes and several airport dwellers were surrounding Phil's Super Sport asking multiple questions regarding performance, engine , prop, useful loads and the capability to fly it in Sport Pilot mode. Phil handled the onslaught like an airshow pro. The only thing missing was a pad of order forms.
IMG_5866.jpg

My brother had to try on Phil's Super Sport for fit and comfort. Tim joined him to see it it could hold two full grown Minnesota boys. They were very complimentary on the comfort of the SS.
IMG_5828.jpg

Phil generously offered to let me take Tom for a quick flight in the SS. I'll never turn down a chance to fly a Super Sport so Tom and I strapped in and took a nice 20 minute flight. Tom's used to flying a new Citabria with 180 hp. but said several times how nice the Kitfox handled and that it was a very well balanced aircraft with a comfortable and quiet cabin. Do we have a future convert to the Kitfox family? Who knows. I think he was sold on the winters in Arizona though.
After a great lunch of soup, sandwiches and brownies and lots more questions around the Kitfox's we departed for Thunder Ridge to visit with Stan and Cara Foster for an hour or so then headed home for Deer Valley and Chandler.
It was a beautiful day of flying and visiting with friends and family. Wish all of you fighting the good fight in the colder climates could have sat in the doorway of Tim and Barb's hangar soaking up the warm Arizona sunshine and talking airplanes. This has to be why we live here.