Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: STi Wing Tip Question - Scribe Line?

Default STi Wing Tip Question - Scribe Line?

I am at the point of fitting the extended wing tip to the wing. The manual says to place a length of masking tape along the inboard edge of the scribe line on the top surface of the wing tips. Here's two pics of the top surface of my wing tips and I can't see a 'scribe line' anywhere - close up or far away. What am I missing guys? Certain it's something easy but I'm not seeing it. Any help is appreciated

G

Scribe Line 3.jpgScribe Line 2.jpgScribe Line 1.jpg
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG

Default Re: STi Wing Tip Question - Scribe Line?

There is no scribe line on the extended tip. Just make it straight with the rib cap strip. There's lots of room to trim away on the longer tip.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: STi Wing Tip Question - Scribe Line?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Petersen View Post
    There is no scribe line on the extended tip. Just make it straight with the rib cap strip. There's lots of room to trim away on the longer tip.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What the heck Brandon? You sitting there hawking your phone on the Fourth? You and Heather should be enjoying a cold one about now!! But thanks for the clarification. I just couldn't get from here to there looking for that line. Have a great holiday sir!!

G
    Gary (Geek) Phenning
    Leavenworth (Not the Prison), WA
    Kitfox STi N68SG