Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kit Options

Default Kit Options

I have tried to submit this question to Kitfox online using their website, but no matter the device I use the form doesn't seem to work.

I am very excited to start my build of a Kitfox SS7 with a 912iS - for years building a plane has been a dream, and I've been collecting tools and skills where I can. My original intention has always been an RV, but my wife and I agree that a Kitfox fits our mission much better. We are currently out of the Edmonton, AB, Canada region.

My questions are:

1.Is it still possible to purchase a Kitfox in sub-components or sub-kits? And if so, what would each consist of? I have found some old forum posts on the subject, but none with any details. I am hoping to spread the build and purchase over about 5 years, not including engine and avionics. The engine, prop, and FWF I intend to buy in from kitfox once I'm ready. I anticipate the build taking close to 7 to 10 years, being honest with my balancing family, work, and economics.

2. If one chooses to not include the covering materials, is there a price reduction to the kit? I intend to use Oratex.

3. Does the FWF kit include the master and starter solenoids? I am starting to collect various components, but I would prefer to use the ones included with the 912iS FWF if they are indeed included.

4. It states the 912iS needs the EMS. Is this not included if you purchase your engine and FWF from Kitfox?

Thank you very much for your time, and for making such a great aircraft!
    Mike

Default Re: Kit Options

Mike,
    Email me brandon@kitfoxaircraft.com and I’ll be happy to help you.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From personal experiance, yes you can discount the covering materials. I went with Oratex. Also on my FWF i ommited the cowl peices from the Titan kit as I'm building my own Piper cowl. Its a little more work on their end so doing all the leg work i.e. finding each line item you intend not to use and lining through it and sending it back to them helps considerably. Doing more on your end will help expedite.
    S7 STi O-320 currently flying

Mike it looks like Brandon had replied to you, I would call Kitfox and ask to speak with him they are great people to work with. Otherwise yes to several of your questions.