Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS7 STI in an enclosed trailer?

Default Re: SS7 STI in an enclosed trailer?

I thought about an oversized trailer, but a lot of the roads I would be traveling in Alaska are challenging enough with an 8.5' trailer... not sure I would want to go wider up here.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFairbanks View Post
    I thought about an oversized trailer, but a lot of the roads I would be traveling in Alaska are challenging enough with an 8.5' trailer... not sure I would want to go wider up here.
    Used to drag around an Armstrong cat that was 11'4" wide and 13' 8" tall in South Central a lot, then down the alcan, Yellowstone park, lake Powell, Lake Havasu and finally up to Seattle.
    Pretty tight in some spots, but nothing a little chainsaw action clearing some birch trees couldn't handle.
    I really like the trailer concept except it makes it harder to shut it down for the moose on those dark nights, lol.

Many years ago I had to leave my car parked outside in an Oklahoma winter for three months while I deployed to somewhere unpleasant. Wanting to protect the car while I was gone, I bought a nice cover, washed and waxed the car, and installed the cover before I left. When I came home I discovered that the wind had been beating the fabric against the car every day, and most of the paint in the middle of the hood, roof and trunk lid was gone.

Lesson learned: covers are useful for keeping dust off of a vehicle that's stored inside, or at least behind a good windbreak, and not much else.
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings