Very grateful for the feedback! Heather @ Kitfox suggested that we get this upfront as it would be more difficult to install later, and we were just trying to understand if this would be something that we would want. Clearly it is something we'll want to do!

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
There is another cool thing about the parking brake; If you get out of the plane and then decide to use the parking brake (or you forgot to set it), you don't have to get back in to step on the brakes, just reach in and move the parking brake handle to the ON position, then reach down and press the toe brakes by hand and they will lock with enough force to hold the plane in most circumstances. This works because the parking brake has check valves in it to allow flow TO the calipers but not back OUT. I use this feature more often than I like to admit.
Jim et. all, how exactly does the parking brake work? I was under the impression that it just acted as another brake cylinder but seems like I might have a misunderstanding on this. Is there any significant force on the parking brake toggle itself to engage/diengage? Any concerns with it ending up in the park position/being bumped?