Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5 year rubber replacement

Default Re: 5 year rubber replacement

[QUOTE=Av8r3400;96528]

"In my opinion: ..... If they are not heavy, don't replace them. The new ones offered by Rotax are problematic, yet again."

When I first read your statement, I assumed it didn't include the parts associated with the newest release of Rotax's "improved" floats (3 Dec 2020 release of SB-912-074UL). But - in case it did, thought it best to ask and verify. I had already ordered the latest version when I read your post and assumed that they were too new to have been included. Now I'm second guessing that assumption.

Thanks, Darrel

Does anyone know where I can buy the 5 year rubber replacement kit? I am having a very hard time finding this 5-yr rubber replacement kit and do not want to have to order each item seperately. I have searched the LEAF catalog, Aircraft Spruce website, KitfoxAircraft.com, and Lockwood Aero and I cant find it anywhere. I can find a 5yr kit for the carbs but not the full kit.

I know this rubber replacement probably isnt necessary but the manual says "do it" so I am going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3kdscf View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy the 5 year rubber replacement kit? I am having a very hard time finding this 5-yr rubber replacement kit and do not want to have to order each item seperately. I have searched the LEAF catalog, Aircraft Spruce website, KitfoxAircraft.com, and Lockwood Aero and I cant find it anywhere. I can find a 5yr kit for the carbs but not the full kit.

I know this rubber replacement probably isnt necessary but the manual says "do it" so I am going to do it.
    I bought blue silicone coolant and oil hoses from NAPA for less than $300, 5/8" in place of 16mm coolant, 1/2" oil and 1" coolant.

I am not aware of any 5-year "kit" except for the carbs. The rest of it is basically hoses and everyone's hoses are somewhat different; however you can order the small engine coolant hoses from a Rotax dealer (they are metric). I know its a pain, but you will have to measure and order all the other hose individually. Many folks take this opportunity to upgrade some hoses to "lifetime" silicone or Teflon.

If you bought your firewall forward kit from Kitfox, just look at the parts list on that kit and reorder the hoses from Kitfox. I did that for the hoses I was not upgrading and it made the ordering process easier.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS