Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox Trailer Build

Default Re: Kitfox Trailer Build

Thanks for posting the pic Jim.
    Yea i lock mine down tight to trailer with a automotive sparetire siccor jack that pins to trailer and to the factory towbar pin holes on the tail of the plane, jack it up enough to pick the weight off the tail so jack carries it, and get out the ratchet straps and tie it down to trailer. They say never tow ur KF with wings foded without supporting the weight of the tail. Least what ive always heard. With the plane strapped to the trailer the suspension of the trailer needs to b so thatnit dont ride hard and beat the plane to death, most cartrailers r good for 7000lbs plus, (boat trailer r good start) heck my model 1 #0038 weighs 492lbs, it would die on that trailer.
    I hauled mine on a cartrailer for a yr or so, and when u have/build a trailer sutted for a KF and u tow it first time there is a heck of a difference or mayb thats just in a guys gut, Hahahahaaaaa

Wait a min, i know we all know this info right? I knew that when i went to buy my first KF#0021 4yrs ago, So im sure this not new info.

Bucky. I suppose the car suspension takes up part of the jolts of the road too. The tail wheel is half way between each of the tires on the road. Looks like its been working for you. Thanks for the input.

I do need a couple of measurements to get off to a custom trailer place that was excited about maybe building me a trailer. A measurement from the tip of the tailwheel to the back of the 29' tires on a model 7 and the inside measurement between those 29' tires.
    I'm calling the factory on Monday to give them my interior colors so I may get those from the mule.
    Starfox

IMG_20151022_125805058.jpg2014-2015 phone pics 828.jpg

I made the KF attachment so I could unbolt and still use the trailer for my boat.

For occasional use that is perfect. Looking at adding 2 13 gallon tanks to my trailer. Where could I add this weight to your trailer and keep it balanced.
    Starfox