Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wait is Over

Default Re: The wait is over.

Thanks Norm. Enjoy that model 4.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Lookin good Steve! I like your panel layout!
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Nice looking panel layout Steve. I can vouch for the Ipad on the RH side - works great!

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Thanks Jeff and Ross.

Wanted to keep this as simple as able.
    You may have noticed a couple things missing from sight. Circuit breakers, switches other than the four on the left and starter button. All hidden under the front bottom edge of the instrument panel. Nine breakers, 2 light and one heater fan switch and the starter button.

Love the Foreflight program on the iPad although several times here in the heat, the iPad shut down from overheating very quickly so not super reliable in the summertime. The Garmin Aera never quits so traffic and weather is always available.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

The issue of cooling the Ipad is an important one Steve. I fitted one of these

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo.../cyclone21.php

I have used a hose and also attached a heat sink to the back of the ipad - I recently flew across Australia Outback in soe pretty hot temperatures and the ipad never quit. The colling fan and 3 ports so I directed on to the back of the Garmin 695 also. The thrid port just blows air ariund the back of the panel.

Easy to fit at the panel stage - and what's a few more wires!!??

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Thanks Ross. May be a solution to both iPad overheating and regulator/rectifier.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hi DF4. Been following yours and John Evens build threads; very impressed with you both. Hope I can match the excellent workmanship both of you are showing when I start my build next year. Must say I really like the composite instrument Panel with the rolled edge finish. Classy look. Also like the idea of the headset jacks in the side of the centre console. Nice work and good thinking. Keep up the great posts and the excellent work.

Dave Evans
    Waiting for the kit. Pacing the floor ...
    Readying the build space.

Thank you David.
    I titled this thread because, as Tom Petty sang, " the waiting is the hardest part" of any Kitfox build. My wait was over when John, Debra and Papa personally delivered my kit to my hangar in Phoenix. I'll never forget that day.

The anticipation of that large crate arriving after you finally made the decission to dedicate a couple years of your future to fulfilling a dream. Building your own aircraft dreams may have been with you for decades or, started the minute you took a flight in a friend's Kitfox. Maybe you signed up for some specialized training with Stick & Rudder or visited the factory and flew a beautiful factory demonstrator aircraft. It may happen a little differently for each of us however the end result seems a universal certainty. Your hooked.

So David, remember this waiting time before the big box arrives. It will change your life after arrival. Be aware when taking inventory, you are holding parts in your hands that will someday carry you to beautiful locations and on exciting adventures. It will bring you incredible friends you otherwise would never know. A lot to ask from a box of parts? Trust us. You'll see.
    Enjoy your build David and welcome to the family.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

How very nicely stated, Steve! A lot of truth there.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Man am I dreaming of the day my bag of parts are working. Im not sure I like looking at a couple of your build logs though . I see what spectacular work is being done and imagine all the extra time involved then I begin to question whether mine will even fly given the fact Im doing just what the manual tells me too. I dont have the talent some folks do. I sure appreciate having you guys to help me with questions though. Welcome to the group Dave. I was there just this past February. Nearing cover now. Waiting for my Oratex to be delivered. Trying to order the firewall forward kit now.
    Eddie