Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox S7 Speedster with big tires QUESTION

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Kitfox S7 Speedster with big tires QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by MSA View Post
    So Rik the speedster isn't actually any more speedy? What is its purpose then?

?? He didn't really enjoy my questions I felt as where I am there's not really anywhere that I "Know of" that we can go and land like they are doing in NorCal and Idaho, etc.. So I as coming from the angle of "How fast is this one "cruise" with the 912, 915? and he quickly pointed out that they are all 100 mph planes and that the Journey is the fun part.

True but if I'm in LA (currently here for a few more years) and I have to fly to Sacramento to go STOL stuff that' a journey at 90-100 mph just to get there before the fun would begin.

I thought, well I can almost haul two bigger tires in the speedster and then change on site and then change back and come home.. He didn't really like that thought of a dual purpose setup.

I think the speedster is really meant for a LSA customer that wants a fun plane and has no interest in back country landings. There was a time that most people just wanted an inexpensive fun plane and KF was one of the options.

Now everyone wants to be a back country cowboy.

I like that Helix prop. Very interesting.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    I like that Helix prop. Very interesting.
    Looking at their website in Germany, it doesn't show a price but I don't think its that expensive and there's no adjustment

I don't think they are out yet. The video from Dan Johnson says they are currently testing on the rotax.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!