Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Gps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Gps

Jim, I have used the anywhere map system for about 5 years now, 1st on a PDA and now with the ATC display that I purchased at OSH this summer. I have had good success with the anywhere map system and found it to be the most reasonably priced unit at about 500 bucks. The pros of this unit: finger touch navigation (no stylus required for the on screen button displays) easy to use with more functions than I will ever use, nice display that can be user modified to different features (VFR, IFR, Emergency etc) , obstacle and terrain warnings. Cons : sunlight readability is better than the PDA I used to use but still not perfect, some of the functions that the operators manual describes are not currently functioning as advertised. As an example , the manual states that when the emergency mode is selected (in case of lets say an engine out) that the on screen view will automatically go to the range to show airports that you can glide to based on altitude. In reality this does not happen and the range goes to 21 miles every time this mode is selected. The company should not put this stuff in the manual until it is ready for prime time.
    Overall I find the unit capable for my navigation needs and I would recommend it . I have attached a photo of my install in my Series 5. Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images