Supporting vendors:

Your ad here?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
akarmy

Default Remote Oil Pressure sender

Thought I would do a quick review of the Remote Oil Pressure kit that you can get from Kitfox Aircraft. It allows you to move the oil pressure sender off of the Rotax 912 and back to the firewall to get extended longevity by reducing the vibrations that it gets from the engine.

The kit is very complete with all nuts, washers, screws, clamps, wire, hose, fittings etc. Couldn't ask for an easier setup. Here's a few pictures to give you a sense of it.

I also installed a new pressure sender to make sure as mine was a bit flakey at this point. The new ones are much cheaper as they don't com from Rotax, however they are both made by VDO and look to be the same part. The only thing I did was to move the brass ring over to the new one. Not sure what it's function really is, but it looks nice! You take a bit of heat with a propane torch to the ring and it releases the glue from the old one. Then just use some RTV to attach it to the new one.

So there you have it. If you too need something like this, give John a call at the factory and he can hook you up!

http://kitfoxflying.com
akarmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Slyfox

Default Re: Remote Oil Pressure sender

that is actually the next item I was going to take care of, moving the oil sensor off the engine. thanks for the pics
Slyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
futureflyer

If what I see is correct. The firewall mount is bolt and an adel clamp, nothing else.
futureflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
Slyfox

the fitting coming out of the engine, does it have a restrictor in it. Reason being, if the line ever ruptured you can loose a bunch of oil. If you have a restrictor, the oil will leak out slowely. That's what I have on the RV.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
akarmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureflyer View Post
If what I see is correct. The firewall mount is bolt and an adel clamp, nothing else.
The only slight change is there is a 1/4" wide braid strap that with a ring terminal crimped to the end that wraps around the housing underneath the rubber on the clamp. You need the housing of the sensor to be grounded well to get good readings.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
akarmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
the fitting coming out of the engine, does it have a restrictor in it. Reason being, if the line ever ruptured you can loose a bunch of oil. If you have a restrictor, the oil will leak out slowely. That's what I have on the RV.
Hum, ya I had forgot about that. I had that on my RV also. No there is not an external restrictor on this setup. I don't know how the internals of the Rotax are as to how much oil would pump out that port. That may or may not be a Lycoming specific issue...

Old 01-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
Slyfox

I would think any oil lose would be bad. A restrictor is on my list, even replace the one fitting with the one from vans would work, although I think theirs is on a 45. I was thinking on putting one in.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #8
amath80

Most Oil pressure senders are too large to fit directly into the oil galley plug(due to clearance problems). This kit allows you to utilize the oil galley plug on your subaru and mount the sender on the passenger side strut tower.This kit includes everything you need to mount any A/C Delco oil pressure sensor with an 1/8" NPT fitting in your WRX.It includes an oil galley plug, 2 feet of braided stainless hose, stainless steel rubber cushioned mounting brackets, hardware and complete instructions.
amath80 is offline   Reply With Quote