Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox 3 price

Default Kitfox 3 price

Here's a kitfox 3 that's for sale locally. It's never been flown and the motor has been rebuilt recently due to sitting for a very long time.

What's your thoughts on this ? I know a model 4 goes for more money but what I'm looking for is to get the shortest takeoff and landing performance. If a model 3 and a model 4 weighed the same same engines and prop what model would get off the ground faster? Speed does not concern me.

Default Re: Kitfox 3 price

There's little difference between take-off/climb performance between the Mk3 and M4, although the design of the Mk3 wing is supposed to be 'high lift'. My Mk4 with 582 never suffered from low-lift (!), and went up like a rocket.

My only comment about that particular one is that you might want to do some weight saving kit-removal if you want to get the best climb! He's got enough gear in there to get to Mars, and then a landing light too for when he arrives.
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

If it's really 520 lbs all up, that's pretty good for a Model III. The ultralight IVO three blade is a pretty good match for the 582. I'd be really curious to know why it hasn't flown. Are there full build logs and photos? If so, it'll be much easier to pass the A/W inspection.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Good Morning Unless I am confused which happens a lot lately you bought the model IV that you asked for a price on. Are you thinking of buying a second Kitfox. This one looks to be in great shape with a recent recover. Of course pictures are always deceiving. I was happy to find a Model IV but I wanted the most speed possible, in a slow flying plane. You want the quickest takeoff possible. Different mission. So What is the answer? Was this plane in much better shape than the IV you bought or do the pictures lie.
    Norm

Have a look at the registration on this aircraft on the FAA website. It does not have an airworthiness certificate. It is not a legal to fly airplane. Jim Chuk

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Good Morning Unless I am confused which happens a lot lately you bought the model IV
    No I did not buy the model 4 that was somebody else if you go back and read that post you will notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Have a look at the registration on this aircraft on the FAA website. It does not have an airworthiness certificate. It is not a legal to fly airplane. Jim Chuk
    Yes I did notice that it expired in 2012 so what does it take to make it legal to fly?

I believe it requires the original manufacturers approval to get it airworth for flight, I would recommend reading up on that before you go spend $15 K to buy it.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Seems to me that the plane never had an airworthiness certificate. That would mean it had never had the inspection by a DAR who would then issue the air. cert. Now a days, if you don't renew the aircraft's registration every three years, it expires. The FAA will send a post card to you when the renewal is due. Post office will not forward it so if you moved, and didn't inform the FAA of the change of address, you won't get the post card. I think that is probably how most of these planes get expired registration. It costs $5.00 to renew the registration. Jim Chuk

So this plane can be made legal? Then what is a approximate value of what it's worth being non airworthy?