Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Where I Fly.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Where I Fly.

A Great Big Thank You to DesertFox4. This flight deprived Canadian boy got to experience KitFox hospitality US style. Steve took me for a "where I fly special".
    Steve is a great pilot, and I don't just mean the yank and bank capability. DF4 flys from a busy little airport, Deer Valley in North Phoenix. Two runways keeps you on your toes and Steve's command of procedures, radio work, GPS, collision avoidance features, and overall piloting skills are well honed. You can tell he is well respected by the tower through the communication between the two.
    Thanks again for the tour of some of your favorite flying spots.
    As for the plane,,,,,,,, Wow. My Model IV is in my garage waiting for my return and almost ready to cover. Steve's Model IV has the wide body mod that I have added to mine, a great big baggage area, a nice panel with an Engine Monitoring System but the best part of Steve's ride is probably the 100HP Rotax. The plane easily reaches speeds of 130mph and just motors along at better than 100mph at 4800rpm sipping very little fuel. Makes me excited about getting my Model IV airborne. This is some of the scenery along the way.
    Thanks again
    Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images