Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SIT or Stop wing for model 4

Default Re: SIT or Stop wing for model 4

I fly a Model 4-1200 on 230 lb amphib floats with two people and it works great with the 80hp 912ul. I cheat somewhat by using an IVO inflight adjustable prop, which is a great option on that plane as long as you don't care about LSA. But even without that prop the Model 4 is a very nice, great performing airplane with the 80 hp 912 Rotax. With a 105 hp Zipper kit conversion it becomes a real hotrod. But honestly, the Model 4 with the 912ul 80 hp is a really nice combination. I personally would learn it just the way it is and then enjoy the heck out of it. (You will find it comparable to a 150 hp Supercub, if you've ever had the chance to fly one of those. And as a Speedster, it will cruise faster)

I too would highly recommend going to Paul Ledabrand for training. Don't worry about taking your plane, use the one he has for training. It's a newer model Kitfox, so you'll still learn how to fly a Kitfox. Transitioning to your Model 4 from his new Kitfox will be an easy step to take. Plus you can learn some stol stuff from him while you are there.

Any idea on what the cost and time frame is for the stick and Rudder guys? Can I do it in a weekend?

Try clicking on Stick & Rudder’s website advert on the left side of every page of TeamKitfox.com. They are the 2nd advert from the top. Then click on their heading labeled “Pricing” at the top right side of their home page.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear