Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Shoutout for Texas Jet at Meachum, Fort Worth

Default Shoutout for Texas Jet at Meachum, Fort Worth

Today I flew down to Fort Worth to see my new grandson.

Landed at Meachum Field and taxied into Texas Jet. Wow!!!

After I shut down, almost as soon as I opened the door there was a carpet pad to step out on. A young lady, before I could get out of my Kitfox asked me if I needed fuel, did I want a crew car, did I need a tie down for an overnight stay.

Here I am in just a Kitfox among some seriously heavy iron, everything from Gulfsteams to King Airs to all manner of smaller jets, and they gave me the royal treatment.

No minimum fuel purchase required. No ramp fee.

Honestly, I have never been treated better. All I bought was 8.4 gallons which topped off my tanks.

True, there are cheaper places to get fuel, but you won't find nicer more considerate folks anywhere

Regards
    Rodney

Default Re: Shoutout for Texas Jet at Meachum, Fort Worth

That really good to hear. Makes me wonder if there should be a sticky for pros and cons of different airports that our members fly into. Especially for those cross country trips. When i take a trip its always a toss up where i stop for fuel or overnight. Sometimes i get lucky and sometimes i dont.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind