Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 912is / carb

Default Re: 912is / carb

Have the 912ULS and been flying it for 3 years and love the airplane. Engine runs good but at idle I do have roughness on right carb that is noticeable. Above the 3200RPM level it is quite smooth. Just balanced using the CarbMate device and it's right on the money. Any thoughts on where to start on the right carb vibration. it's been doing this ever since new so I have thought it may be a Rotax moment. JeffB

I'm late to the party but I have an aftermarket injection setup for my 914. More power, less fuel, smoother engine, no balancing of carbs, better cold weather starts, and the fact I can run over boost now if i wanted to is the reason I went that way.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Esser,
    I think we may have discussed it before, but what aftermarket Fi setup do you have? Was it difficult to install and setup?

Jeff have you checked to see if you have a heavy float. I had one of the 2 dot floats sink. It ran rough until past 3200 RPM then quite smooth like yours. Just fill your float bowl with fuel and see if the floats sink.

Good luck. Give me a call if you have a question.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbock View Post
    Have the 912ULS and been flying it for 3 years and love the airplane. Engine runs good but at idle I do have roughness on right carb that is noticeable. Above the 3200RPM level it is quite smooth. Just balanced using the CarbMate device and it's right on the money. Any thoughts on where to start on the right carb vibration. it's been doing this ever since new so I have thought it may be a Rotax moment. JeffB