Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: How'd y'all get started?

Talking How'd y'all get started?

Folks,
    Just a couple quick questions that I hadn't seen in searching threads.

(1) Are the majority of the Fox's out there paid in full up front for complete delivery/pickup? Or, did quite a few people pay and receive their kits in installments? Kind of a "pay as you build" type of purchase.

(2) Is there a bank that would be more apt to finance such a venture, or did y'all just use your own banks?

Don't get me wrong, anything worth while is worth waiting for! I would like to know y'alls opinions/thoughts. I would love to start building mine as soon as I complete my fixed wing training on the King Air Super 300 (aka C-12/RC-12).
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Default Re: How'd y'all get started?

I am lucky enough to be in a position to buy a project all at once. I will also state that if I could not I would not hesitate to buy and build one section at a time (would probably help keep me focused on the task at hand).
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I purchased my Super Sport firewall back ( fuselage, wings, tail feathers, landing gear). That will keep you busy for months. Purchasing the other parts as I come to them and need them in sequence. As a benefit, it saves me from taking up build room to store parts not needed yet. Just the way I did it.

Dick B

I find that I enjoy my hobbies much more if I'm not making payments. The only way you'll get a bank to finance an unfinished kit, anyway, is through your credit card. Something tells me you probably don't have a $30K limit on your Visa.

It's like anything else. If you can't afford new, buy used. I'm currently building a 20-year-old Model 4 kit that I bought for less than half the price of a factory kit. I paid cash. It took months of searching to find it and I had to drag it home from halfway across the country, but at least I didn't have to build the wings. And it's paid for.