Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

Default Re: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

hi paul, my planned route to McCall is to make some wear around st. Louis the first day, hopefully a little west of there and then on to Cheyenne wo. the next day. from there I am planning to follow i80 to east of ogden ut. then north thru the lower elevations to Pocatello id then on to ether homedale or McCall. this is a pretty aggressive schedule but I do have four days planned for the trip out. it looks like some were around Cheyenne would be a good place to meet up and it would be nice to have company over the mountains. let me know what you think . thanks

Jimmy, the I80 route west of Cheyenne sounds good. The only hitch is I'm aiming to camp along the way where possible. Cheyenne regional is a little too big for that. I haven't figured out all my stops yet. I'll PM you when I get a possible route worked out.

Anybody else following Jimmy's general routing?
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

sounds good av8r_sed. I'm real flexible on the stops for overnight. I'm not planning to camp but will be prepared to if need be.

Paul, I'm considering making the journey as well from 08c near Grand Rapids Michigan. My plan is to camp along the way. I'm not sure that I can handle a too ambitious flight schedule, but I suppose longer days would be easier to handle with company:-)

Bill W.
    Classic IV 912ul

Bill, I'd be happy to have more company along the route too. I don't think anyone will get any longer days than me given my cruise speeds.

Rubbing the old Foreflight genie, day one (Sept 10) for me looks like a Mogas stop and lunch in Boone, IA (KBNW) and then on to Lexington, NE (KLXN) for an overnight. I'll have to check with the FBO to see if there's camping allowed. They do advertise having a shower and friendly folks.

Day two I hope to meet up with Jimmy around Cheyenne then follow in his wake along the route he mentioned in his previous post. Following the I-80 corridor I'll need a fuel stop and then an overnight somewhere around Ogden.

Day 3 I hope to get to Homedale (S66) or if I've lost a weather day then straight to McCall.

Does any of this match up with what you're comfortable with? I haven't done a long cross country in my 'fox to date so this will be a good test. I'm sure the plan will change anyway when the trip gets underway.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

What date are you guys planning on being in Ogden for your overnighter?
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by SkySteve View Post
    What date are you guys planning on being in Ogden for your overnighter?
    Steve, that would be Wed, Sept 11, weather willing.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Well then ... You all have a place to stay, FREE. My plane lives at the Ogden airport. I would be happy to pick you all up and bring you to Wilson's Sky Ranch for the evening. I plan to leave early on the 12th so it's easy to take you all back to your planes. We have 2 empty bedrooms you are welcome to. Plenty of lush grass if you want to camp. Shower, whatever you need. Might even find a cold beer.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

Thumbs up Re: Kitfox Factory Fly-in 2013

Wow, well there's an offer that would be hard to refuse. Should we put the Sky Ranch in the Foreflight comments for Ogden?
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

The airstrip won't be completed until next year. This fall we are installing a new pressurized irrigation system so when that is done the irrigation ditch, bridge and holding pond will go away, then ... a new 750 ft airstrip. A new airsock is now in place!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page