Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: First 100 hrs.

Default First 100 hrs.

The Hobbs just turned over 100hrs. since the first flight of my KFIII last July. It's been fun. I've explored every grass strip the area and no pancake breakfast within 150 miles is safe. The Kitfox (especially the early ones) are basically dirt simple airplanes and that's a large part of their appeal. I'm flying more than anyone else at my airport. I carry my avionics in a small bag to and from the airplane and stop by the Exxon for 5 gal. of mogas on the way to the airport. What could be easier?(or cheaper)
    In my opinion keeping it simple is best and in my case less is definitely more.
    Thanks to everyone who has offered advise and suggestions over the past couple of years. The forum is a terrific resource.

Keep building and fly safe
    EG
    KFIII 912ul

Default Re: First 100 hrs.

Very cool, EG
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Thumbs up Re: First 100 hrs.

EG,
    What a sound testimony of this airplane and the FORUM.

If those traits ever change, I'll likely change with it...which is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. A proven airframe, a great community, and great factory support. And think...I don't even own my 7SS yet...thank you to all the moderators and site administrators and a huge thank you to John & Deb McBean for all the work done to make this product a huge success.

Clear Skies & Great Times Ahead...
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Congrats EG. 100 hours of experience makes a difference. Gives you confidence in yourself and your aircraft to journey farther from home and explore new areas. Enjoy every minute.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks Pilot4Life for the kind words. New Kitfox sales are still very strong and that means our community will continue to grow and more folks will get to build and fly their dream.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

EG, your post is no doubt a motivator for those of us still building... (hopefully I can start covering next month after the EAA Watsonville, CA course.)

Your experience and insight is what I hope to also experience, so thank you very much for the post!
    Grover

Great post EG and I couldn't agree with you more about the Kitfox and community! I now have over 50 hours on my model IV and still cant get over how well it performs, I have the Kitfox smile for sure! GWright, covering my airplane was best part of building for me and I'll bet for you too. Good luck!

Dan G.
    Model IV tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200

I couldn't agree more! Like you, I fly my Kitfox IV more than any other homebuilt in the area. We've got a Cirrus SR-22, which I love to use "to get there", but when I've got some time to just fly around, the Kitfox is the weapon of choice!

Thanks for the post.... and keep flying low and slow!
    Ackselle
    Kitfox IV 1200 Classic C-GIKV
    29" Airstreaks, 11" Matco Tailwheel
    ROTAX 912, Hoffman HO-V352F CS Prop